1. The water of Antarctica is so cold that nothing can rot there.
2. An earthquake on dec 16,1811 caused parts of the Mississippi river to flow backwards.
3. If Antarctica's ice sheets melted, the world's oceans would rise by 60-65 metres everywhere.
4. The Amazon rain forest produces more than 20% of the world's oxygen supply.
5. The Sahara desert expands at about 1km per month or 48 km per year.
6. The north Atlantic gets 2.5cm wider every year.
7. It takes a drop of ocean water more than 1000 years to circulate around the world.
8. Europe is the only continent without a hot desert.
9. A volcano has enough power to shoot ash as high as 50 km into the atmosphere.
Plates carrying the continents migrate over the earth's surface a few
centimeters per year, about the same speed that a finger nail grows.
11. On average, 20000 earth quakes are located each year world wide.
12. There's zero gravity at the centre of earth.
13. A storm officially becomes a hurricane when cyclone winds reach 119 kmph.
14. Earth is slowing down, in a few million years there won't be a leap year.
15. One cubic mile of sea water contains about 25 kg of gold!
Wednesday, July 1, 2015
Tuesday, June 30, 2015
It all depends entirely on the girlfriend. But here I have collected most things you missed if you do not have real good love partner.
1. Soft smells from her hair, her skin, her extra set of clothes that she leaves in your closet.
2. Hugs, peekaboo-guess-who, kisses on the back of your neck when you're hard at work and forgot about the world around you for too long
3. Good cooking, or maybe good-morning coffee, or good takeout
4. Inspiration, shared jokes, mind-bending middle-of-the-night discussions
5. A buddy who'll hand you a tissue during the sad parts of your favorite movies
6. An enthusiastic fan of your career, your writing, your sense of humor, your (terrible) saxophone playing, your pickup games of basketball on Saturday mornings
7. A convert to your football team... at least on the weeks when her favourite team isn't playing yours
8. New music you didn't know about
9. Someone to tell about that new song you just heard... even if it's kinda cheesy she'll probably give it a try
10. Stories of her life before you
11. Someone to brag to, who loves listening to you brag
12. Whispered sweet nothings
13. A helper when you need a hand
14. Someone to help—who shows her appreciation in wild and wonderful ways, like cake when it's not your birthday
15. Tons of new experiences, new places to go, new foods to try, new friends to learn about, new authors and artists to consider, new lingerie to appreciate
16. Someone to grow into and grow comfortable with
17. Someone to tell secrets to... good ones and bad ones... without judgement
20. Phone calls when your boss isn't within earshot
21. Texts when your boss isn't looking
22. A hand to hold, and arms to hold you, when times are tough and you're not sure you can support your own weight any more
23. A perspective very different from your own, but meltingly familiar
24. Butterflies in your stomach
25. The gentle jealousy of being in a secure relationship with someone who's a "catch" in your eyes—yet your eyes are the only ones that count to her
27. French kisses
29. Someone to be insanely, animalistically, proud of at all times
30. Someone to be insanely, animalistically, protective of at all times
31. Someone to be insane and animalistic with. At any time. :)
Posted by John Clain at 9:01 PM
1) Realise what you actually want to do.
By this time you would have completed your graduation, so be through if you want to
- pursue Masters, Research
- work in an MNC or in a Start-up
- be an Entrepreneur etc.,
Just be through what you want to do in your life.
2) Read. Read a lot. And then again READ.Fiction, Non-Fiction, Biographies, Science, History. Just lay your hands on anything and read it.
3) Have an impeccable command over English.
4) Learn how to cook.
5) Watch movies, quality movies.Not just the Top 50 IMDB movie list, watch those as well which are 5-6 on IMDB.
6) Quit smoking, alcohol or any bad habits that you have. Say goodbye to it!
7) Workout. Run.
Have a flat stomach and a decent physique.
8) Learn to wake-up early without an alarm
9) Communicate with strangers.Get to know different people around you.
10) Learn a foreign language.
11) Help others. Help those who are in need. Sponsor at an NGO.
12) Fall in love and don't worry if you fail terribly at it. Learn to MOVE ON!
13) Love your parents. Love your family.
They are the only ones who love you in this world. Learn this truth, the sooner the better.
14) Be an incredible friend. Oh, Watch F.R.I.E.N.D.S.
15) Learn to play a guitar, or any music instrument that you like.
16) Learn to live alone.
17) Start something, fail terribly at it! Start it over again!
18) Deactivate Facebook, uninstall Whatsapp.Instead go out and make real friends, meet with real people, help those who are in need of it instead of liking the photos and statuses, you also know that it won't help.
19) Learn to forgive. But not to forget.
20) Love your life. Be selflessly self-centered! Be crazy!
All the best!
Posted by John Clain at 8:51 PM